YMCA Gisborne Alt Ed programme is designed for youth who have become disconnected from the mainstream education system for what ever reason, offering quality educational support for our young people to achieve success when they return back into mainstream school environment, transitioning into further training opportunities, or enter the work force.
Alt Ed is an extension of Lytton High School and we work closely with Ritana to ensure that students referred to Alt Ed,are provided with quality foundational education.
In our programme, students will be challenged to develop all aspects of their wellbeing through a range of lessons and activities that give them opportunity to step out of their day to day routine, and grow into self- assured young people that have positive direction for their future.
What we offer
- Quality educational programming for ages 13-16 years, no longer in school or those who are at risk of being excluded from education.
- A small classroom capacity that allows effective one on one student/teacher time
- Specifically designed learning programs that develop fitness, health and well being(bootcamps, Sports, Fitness Centre)
- Access to a computer suite to further emphasise learning ability.
- Resourses that promote learning within the local environment(surfboards, wetsuits,kayaks)
- Passionate, qualified staff that want the best for our young people.
- Nutritional snack for optimised learning
- Transport if required
Children are our future
Alt Ed operates from our main YMCA Gisborne 150 Roebuck Road, Gisborne
Monday-Friday 8:30-3pm excluding stats and school holidays.
How do I enrol
Students in Alternative Education are referred to the YMCA Gisborne by our managing school, Lytton High School.
Whanau are welcome to come in to the YMCA and find out more about our programme and discuss the options available with our friendly experienced staff.
Alternatively you can contact Cullum (Cam)McCreedy on 8679259 or email@example.com